Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2008

WOW... I can't believe that another week is starting.

We are all rested and hopefully headed down a path to recovery! We were warned that Orren's meds were incredibly horrible in taste. It is an answered prayer that Orren is taking it with no issues. He seems to be resting well and he has returned to search and destroy mode! These are all blessings and we are so thankful. Although, we will be isolated inside and away from all visitors for a few weeks we could not be happier and more blessed. We will have CHRISTmas with everyone after the first of the year.
Did I tell y'all that Everyone who entered Orren's hospital room had to wear a gown, gloves and mask? So we are making progress!


I would like to take a moment to tell you how wonderful Olivia was during all of this. She was so precious in so many ways but this touched my heart. As they were desperately trying to get an I V in Orren ( a 2 1/2 hour ordeal) I asked Olivia to step outside of the room and wait. I would return in a few moments to get her. After some time had passed and another nurse had been called in, she told me she would like to tell me how wonderful my daughter was. That based on what she had done, she knew all she needed to know about our family. Curious I questioned her on exactly what my child had done. She said that the minute I closed the door, Olivia turned, hit her knees, and began to pray. She continued praying for her little brother and his recovery for several minutes. That is a lot for a 9 year old.


I was so humbled. How precious are the prayers of children? I think God must give special attention to them. Then just prior to Orren's surgery she asked me if the hospital had a place to go and pray. I told her of the Chapel and she asked if she could spend sometime there. Her Daddy took her immediately.


We are so blessed that she knows and loves our Holy Father.



Once home, we wanted to do something a little special for her to show our gratitude for her sweet spirit and for being so well behaved while we were stuck there with nothing really for her to do. We got her a little Cinderella cake. Cinderella is her favorite Disney princess.




Chief and GrandMaMa will be headed back to the Gulf tomorrow. We pray for their safe travel and we will never be able to thank them for everything they have done for us in the past few days.



Orren returns to the surgeon on Thursday to have his drain removed (we hope). It is important that we keep him isolated for a while so I am afraid we are going to miss the Polar Express this year and Zoolight safari. We will miss the children's service CHRISTmas Eve that the children always participate in.

This is Orren as a Shepherd last year, He was Baby Jesus in the first service. Olivia has been Mary the last two years and was an angel before that.

I need to also apologize to everyone as it doesn't look like I will be getting my CHRISTmas cards out this year. So be on the look out for something in the near future. Since we will be tucked inside for a couple of weeks, I expect to post often.

MERRY CHRISTmas

3 comments:

j said...

I got tears in my eyes when I read about Olivia. What a precious young lady of God. He has blessed me through her this morning!

And the Orren Shepherd picture? AWWWW!

I am so glad that he is doing better and taking his medicine (truly Jessica, that is a WONDERFUL blessing. I have had to hold my kiddos down and pour the stuff down their throat far too often).

Have a great week and hold your babies close to you!

Jen

Laura said...

The nurse was right - I've never met you in person, but I know all I need to know about you and your family from the stories you post here. What a great spiritual foundation you've laid for your children - I hope to do half that well with the Bean. God bless y'all!

Bama Belle said...

Laura Beth,
I am humbled by your kind words. Thank you. I however cannot take credit for that. That glory is God's.
I am certain that Bean will be as angelic in spirit as she is in her beauty.