Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Foodie Friday!

Many Thanks to Gollum for hosting Foodie Friday again!


This week we are making sausage and egg quiche








SHOPPING LIST


1 pie crust


1/2 pound of ground sausage
( you can substitute for bacon or any other meat)


1 cup Shredded Cheddar


1 cup Shredded Swiss (it is better is you shred yourself)


3 beaten eggs


1 1/4 cup of milk or light cream


3/4 tsp of salt


1/8 tsp of pepper




Brown sausage and drain. Put into bottom of pie shell. Top with cheeses. I usually mix them together prior to adding them. Combine eggs, cream, S & P in a bowl whisk slightly, then pour over cheeses. Bake @ 350 for about 35- 40 minutes. Let set about 10 minutes then serve.


ENJOY!



Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This looks so delicious. I have one question for you... do you use a sharp cheddar?

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bama Belle said...

Yes, I typically do. But the great thing about this recipe is you van use what you like. I do hope you enjoy it!

Marigene said...

Yum, quiche is so good, plus so very versatile...a nice way to use up little dabs of this & that.

Poppedijne said...

Hi,
Today I tryed to make you grated apple pie but it turned out not so well.So I went back to see the recipie and now I notice that you bake it in a pie shell. You did not mention this and since we are not used to pie shells here the pie turned out not so good of course. I think I made another mistake too. I never know how much 1 stick of butter is. I thought is is half a cup but this seems to much. Am I wrong???
Can you send me a small answer?
Best regards,
nicky

Bama Belle said...

Oh Nicky, I cannot apologize enough for not mentioning the pie CRUST! Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry! I use a store bought crust that you just roll out.
One stick of butter in America is 1/2of a cup. I cannot apologize enough that you had such difficulty asnd feel solely responsible. I hope it won't hinder your future visits and trying recipes!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really looks good. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. Have a wonderful day.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Looks delish!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

looks good!

j said...

Looks really yummy!

Lois posted a recipe for Pumpkin-mallow squares on her blog.

www.loiscreates.com/2009/10/friday-treat-pumpkin-mallow-squares.html

They sound easy and really good!

(if you've posted something like this then just ignore the link)

Have a wonderful weekend!