Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Foodie Friday!

Join Gollum for more Foodie Fridays!



Today we are making an old southern recipe

it has been in my family for generations.

Southern women are notorious for this kind of baking

Chess Squares

(my Daddy's favorite)

Shopping List:

1 yellow cake mix

1 stick softened butter

1 egg (beaten)

1 TBL Vanilla


Mix above ingredients until crumbly.

Spread into 9X13 inch pan.

Work from center making crust a little higher on sides.


Filling:

8 oz cream cheese softened

3 eggs (beaten)

1 box (1lb) of confectioners sugar


Beat well.

Pour into crust.

Bake 30 -45 minutes @ 375 or until golden brown




Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

10 comments:

Connie said...

You are so right! We are all about some chess squares here in Mississippi! I've made them with every variations under the sun, but I still think this recipe is the best!

Many blessings!

Unknown said...

Oh those are always good and I saw them on Facebook. I bet people have been drooling all day long looking at them.
Happy Twirls

Poppedijne said...

This is a great recipie. Does remind me a bit of a sort of cheese tart we make here in Belgium.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

It's one of my favorite's too! ummmmmm

Mary Bergfeld said...

Oh, my these look good and they sound very easy to do. Why are they called chess squares?

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! recipe. Sounds so YUMMY!!! Geri

Cass @ That Old House said...

Ummmm....
No other words needed.
Cass

Wendy said...

Oooooo! I love these! I can eat half a pan all by myself with a glass of milk when they come out of the oven. Yes, ma'am!

honeysuckle said...

I don't think I have ever had these but they sound easy enough! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

These are such a favorite! I teach high school and have one class I keep the same kids in for 4 years. In this class, this is what we make for special celebrations. The recipe is handed down from the seniors to the juniors at our graduation party. They LOVE it.