Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island


Daddy took this with his iphone. This is where they had lunch

Once again, my Parents are staying at the


Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island. You know the one




They travel there often, and it is one of my Mother's favorite places on earth.

This Island is a flash in time. There are no vehicles on the island. It is never HOT so there are no air conditioners (or their noise) Gentleman MUST wear coat and tie, ladies must dress for dinner. What an amazing experience!

Then of course there is this

One of the most romantic movies ever! It was filmed on location. There was a HUGE big issue b/c the film crew wanted to bring vehicles on the island. Which they were eventually allowed to do! If you want to book the package and channel the romance of the movie:


Somewhere in Time Weekend
Arrive: Friday, October 16, 2009
Depart: Sunday, October 18, 2009
Package Includes:
Accommodations
Breakfast and dinner daily
Thursday evening Welcome Reception
Friday evening reception
Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet
Saturday evening reception
Special showing of Somewhere in Time Thursday and Friday evenings
Half-off golf greens fees on The Jewel
Special discount on ferry boat tickets
No tipping within Grand Hotel
Package Price:
$965 per couple
$865 single
$299 per additional adult
Stay an extra night Thursday, October 15, 2009 or Sunday, October 18, 2009 for $129 per night*.
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, and $7.50 per person, baggage handling charge.
*Dates subject to availability.


So when my husband came across this in the grocery,




We had to have!

This way we too can be a part of Mackinac while they are there!

More pictures to come!

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I absolutely love the movie and hope to go there one day myself and I had no idea there was a special weekend. How exciting.
Joyce

Aunt Kay R said...

Thank you for sharing Jessica. I have been thinking about Deb and Ronnie. I know they are having a great time. Was the ice cream good? I wish that we had a Publix here so I could try it myself.
Love,
Aunt Kay (I have to think of some way to distinguish myself from Kay Ivey so I guess I will refer to myself as Aunt Kay R.)

Wendy said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures! It brings back so many memories. I love Mackinac Island! My grandmother's family was friends with the original owners of the Grand Hotel and they gave her a diamond brooch for her HS graduation. She had it taken apart and each diamond was put on a gold necklace for each of the women in my family...she gave it to me for my HS graduation. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Oh, and I LOVE Somewhere In Time!!!

Jane said...

Many, many years ago, my daddy took Mom and me to Mackinac Island. I still remember this beautiful hotel...and sitting on that long porch, riding bicycles and carriages. It was definitely a step back in time...the perfect place in a young girl's fantasies. I can certainly understand why your parents love this place so much!
Thank you for sharing this moment...

I'll have to find that ice cream to share with my mom.
Jane (Artfully Graced)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How did I miss this post? This is one of my all time favorite movies. I do a pretty good impression of calling out for "Rich-arrrrd!!!"