Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Foodie Friday!


Thank you for joining us for Foodie Friday! Be sure to visit Gollum for more yummy recipes!

We are making two very easy desserts.
Homemade Ice cream and Cherry Cobbler
They can be eaten together
but if so
you might want to leave out
the butterfingers in the ice cream.



Shopping list
Ice cream maker
2 cups Heavy whipping cream
2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
1 14oz can condensed milk
2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract

(optional) bag of fun size butterfingers crushed

Combine all ingredients and follow
your manufacturer's directions for freezing
Just before Ice cream sets add crushed Butterfingers
ENJOY!




Now I mentioned yesterday that my daughter had become ill with H1N1 Seems comfort food was on the prescription pad. She asked for Cherry Cobbler. I had to make it two nights in a row now.
So I am adding our recipe for Mammie's Cobbler
Shopping List:
1 stick butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
1 can of pie filling (your favorite flavor)
melt butter in casserole pan
in a different bowl mix
ALL other ingredients except pie filling
Then pour into melted butter do not stir


Then add pie filing again do not stir


Bake @ 250 degrees for 30 minutes
Then @ 400 degrees until brown


Let sit about 15 minutes then serve and ENJOY!
Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

10 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I'll have to make this for Mama--she loves ice cream AND Butterfingers. I hope your sweet daughter recovers soon from H1N1.

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Must try your cobbler recipe. It looks great! Yummy.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Cobbler looks so good. I hope your daughter recovers quickly. I make something like this using a yellow cake mix. I call it a dump cake.

bj said...

I do hope your little one recovers really soon. I know she must feel terrible..
Thanks for both recipes..they sound so so good.

Shellbelle said...

Now honey, I just know this cobbler will have your little dahlin' feeling better in no time!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

That ice cream is too tempting! Sorry to hear your daughter is sick... speedy recovery to her!

Take care,
ButterYum

Mary Bergfeld said...

The ice cream is to die for :-). I hope your daughter is on the mend, though I must say if I had someone making such wonderful treats for me, I might never get out of bed. I hope you are having a great day.

SnoWhite said...

both those recipes look delicious!

my hubby LOVES cherries -- we'll be trying the cobbler recipe.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

looks delish~!

JennV said...

I recently got a recipe for a chocolate cobbler like your cherry one. I'm LOVING the no stir method and will be making one of these this week! Thanks!