Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

TODAY IS MY DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday Daddy!




As most women of the south are, I am a Daddy's girl.
I have been all my life!
I used to follow him around and mimic his every move as a toddler. Daddy is a man above men.
I thank God every night that he sent me here to my Daddy.

First above all things:

He is a man of God.
He is strength, courage, and compassion.
He has a strong moral compass and will fight for what is right.
He has an ability to fix everything.
HE is my Daddy




He played for the Dallas Cowboys,
worked tirelessly for the Boy Scouts of America,
and is now a "fisher of men" for Christ!

Tales from my childhood
My brother and I were always whisked away on amazing vacations or life experiences that we thought EVERYONE got to do.
Little did we know, nor would we, until much later in life.
This was important to my parents and they made it happen!

I was about 5 years old and playing soccer.
I was smacked (very hard) in the face with a dead on kick that was intended to make a goal by the other team.
Everyone stopped as the thud rang out.
I began to swell with tears and looked to the sidelines.
There stood my tower of strength who turned his head slightly to the side and then slowly shook it back and forth.
Don't you cry, you are OK he mouthed.
Just like that all the pain was gone and so were the tears.




As a toddler I hit my head and needed stitches.
The doctor said that if I did not stop crying
(it was beside my eye where I still bare the scar today)
he would have to put me to sleep.
My daddy in his gentle deep voice leaned down
and told me to stop crying that He was with me.
And Just like that I did.
The doctor said he had never seen anything like it
and I did not so much as whimper as he stitched me up.
In short,
I have NEVER been afraid,
hurt, or burdened as long as Daddy was there.




When anything was too much for me,
I always knew Daddy could and would make it OK.
He always did.
I have always admired and adored this man I get to call Daddy.
In so many ways He is my life.
He is an amazing man and I thank him for being my Daddy!
I am thrilled every time my children's face light up because "Chief" walked into the room.
DADDY
I love you, I hope you have a great day.
I wish I could be with you, but know I am in my heart.

9 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy Birthday to your beloved Daddy! I hope that you get to celebrate many more with him.

Jane said...

What a lovely and loving tribute to your daddy! He sounds like a man among men. May he truly enjoy this birthday and many more to come...
Cherish each moment with your dad. They end too quickly.

May God bless this wonderful man...and all of your family.
Jane (Artfully Graced)

j said...

I don't know your Dad but I can honestly say, that the man who raised Bama Belle (one of the sweetest and most gracious southern ladies that I know) must be a wonderful man indeed. The Bible says that you will know them by their fruit... I can know your Dad is a good my by knowing you.

Happy Birthday 'Chief'. I pray that this is an awesome day for you!

Laura said...

All hail the Chief! Happy birthday to the daddy of one of my most treasured friends, and thank you for helping bring her up to be the generous, caring Christian woman she is today. Hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Lisa said...

What a sweet sweet post. My dad died when I was 25 so he has now (as of this year) been gone longer than I had him. Cherish every single moment with him!!

Wendy said...

That is a beautiful tribute to your daddy. What a special heritage you have. Thank you for sharing your precious memories. I am also blessed to have a similar daddy and it is true that they are a powerful, positive presence in our lives! Thank you God for great men who make great husbands and daddies...what would we do without them? Happy birthday to your daddy...he sounds like a king!

Unknown said...

Well your Daddy sounds very precious and he sure raised you right. When did he play for the Cowboys? I have a dear friend, Cliff Harris, who played years ago. I still love the Cowboys as they were America's team. Still so excited and thrilled to have been the lucky winner of your give away. Cheers to the Chief on his day!
Happy Twirls at the plantation

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HAppy Birthday "Chief"!
What agreat tribute to a mighty man! I agree with Jennifer's statement. To know you must be to know him.
Happy Birthday!

Been playing cacth up on my reading tonight. I know you will have many good football tablescapes. ROLL TIDE!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HAppy Birthday "Chief"!
What agreat tribute to a mighty man! I agree with Jennifer's statement. To know you must be to know him.
Happy Birthday!

Been playing cacth up on my reading tonight. I know you will have many good football tablescapes. ROLL TIDE!