Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who are you?

AT this time of year when we all reflect on who we are, this is something fun to do. Bloglifted from Jen, she is an Audrey. Take it and be sure to leave me a comment to tell me who you are. It is only 2 questions and it is VERY scary how accurate it is!

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Joan!

mm.joan_.jpg





You are a Joan -- "I need to succeed"

(Not to mention NO WIRE HANGERS!!!! LOL. Seriously, I really cannot stand them and don't have them in my house. I really do get upset when the dry cleaners use them. Is that bad?)


Joans are energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented. (TRUE)


How to Get Along with Me


  • * Leave me alone when I am doing my work. ( just ask my family and friends about this)

  • * Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback. (I still might not like it)

  • * Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful. ( clean and pretty. Don't make a mess!)

  • * Don't burden me with negative emotions.

  • * Tell me you like being around me. ( LOL, needy much?)

  • * Tell me when you're proud of me or my accomplishments. ( again, needy? But so right!)






What I Like About Being a Joan


  • * being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat

  • * providing well for my family (and memories with a quality of life)

  • * being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge

  • * staying informed, knowing what's going on ( I do like being in the know!)

  • * being competent and able to get things to work efficiently (YES!!!!!!)

  • * being able to motivate people (My Husband may have issue with this)






What's Hard About Being a Joan


  • * having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence ( People!!!!)

  • * the fear on not being -- or of not being seen as -- successful

  • * comparing myself to people who do things better ( I do this constantly)

  • * struggling to hang on to my success (no real struggle)

  • * putting on facades in order to impress people (not so much into facdes, pretty much what you see is what you get here.)

  • * always being "on." It's exhausting. (No wonder I am always tired!)






Joans as Children Often


  • * work hard to receive appreciation for their accomplishments

  • * are well liked by other children and by adults

  • * are among the most capable and responsible children in their class or school

  • * are active in school government and clubs or are quietly busy working on their own projects

( ALL OF THE ABOVE IS VERY TRUE!!)




Joans as Parents


  • * are consistent, dependable, and loyal

  • * struggle between wanting to spend time with their children and wanting to get more work done

  • * expect their children to be responsible and organized (poor Olivia and Orren)

(Again, all of the above VERY true!)


Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz
at HelloQuizzy

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am a doris. I will post mine in an upcoming post

Bama Belle said...

How funny we are all covering the entire genre! What a great mix of friends we are!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Doris. I was totally amazed at how close it described me. It was right-on!

Have a very happy New Year! Love to all.

Aunt Beth

j said...

Ha! I laughed right out loud at the NO WIRE HANGERS!!

One time my mother was really giving me a hard time about something when I was a little girl. I sweetly said "Yes Mommy Dearest." She and my Dad cracked up, and even better, she quit fussing at me!