Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Update on Orren

Orren in Children's Hospital

(Hold me GrandMaMa!)


Thank you all for your concern and prayers. You are such a special part of our lives. Here is how this breaks down.
Tuesday Orren sustained a spider bite that enabled M R S A staph to enter and infect his little body. It was so fast that they started marking the red bands with ball point pen and the time. We were then transported from Children's South to Children's Main by ambulance and admitted.
During the night that night about 2:00 AM they moved all of the patients and parents into the hallway because of the tornado. FUN TIMES!
He had surgery this morning and they removed almost 3 tablespoons of fluid "infection" from the place on his tummy. After his surgery he was back to himself.
We are so thankful my parents were able to get here this morning before he went into surgery. They walked up as the transport team loaded him on the stretcher. Orren grabbed his GrandMaMa and wrapped both arms around her neck so tight!



(Back from surgery)


Orren did so well that he was allowed to come home just a bit ago. It was somewhat tricky to maneuver the rain, sleet and snow but we are home!
He will remain on antibiotics for the next 8 days, he has to go back in about a week to have the little drain removed.



We are so relieved and exhausted. I will post more details tomorrow, and more pictures

(Getting the I V out to come home)

Thanks again to all of you for your prayers and love!

7 comments:

Charnita said...

Glad you are home safely. I know he will continue to do well.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that he is home and is doing well. THose pics just broke my heart ! thank you for keep me updated! we love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home and all is well!

j said...

I am SO relieved that you are back home and he is doing well. When I went to the hospital for my spider bite, the doctor pointed out that it is considerably more dangerous for children and elderly people to be bitten. So reading your post last night set me on edge. Something about having mother's heart makes me fret, you know?

So I am SO thankful to see this post and to know that you ALL are doing fine. Give Orren a big hug for me. And {{{HUGS}}} to you too!

Have a RESTFUL weekend.

Jen

Laura said...

Bless his heart! I can't imagine what you're family's been through in the past few days, and am glad that you're finally home.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Jesssica,
Praise God that he is ok! I am so glad that y'all caught it in time and got medical attention, especially based on Jennifer's information. I am glad that you are all home and safe.
Have a restful weekend.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I'm so glad to hear Orren is doing better. I was very worried. Contacted my sister in Laurel and got the prayer chain going there as well as here and with Danny. Keep me posted. Love to all.

Aunt Beth