Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008


We got our CHRISTmas card from Scotland!






As I have mentioned before Scotland is hosting a huge "homecoming" in 2009. It is called The Gathering. It is so exciting! They have called all of the clans home and have huge events planned in celebration. We got our CHRISTmas card today.


We also got our t-shirts in a couple of weeks ago. They are such a pretty purple ( Olivia's signature color) and the logo is a sparkly gold.



it has The Gathering logo on the back


I have worn it out of the house two times and both times I was questioned about it extensively. Olivia wore hers and complete strangers stopped her. I am now having second thoughts about our wearing it around.



Orren is doing well today. We are counting down the days to get the drain out. Two more to go!


The children have been playing in a wardrobe box. They have turned it into a "fort" complete with lanterns and a welcome mat (drawn on with crayon of course).


I live to hear those giggles, songs, and fantastical stories. Do you think it spells trouble that at 18 months Orren has a fascination with swords? They play "Narnia" and even though Orren doesn't understand all of what is happening he has perfected the sword stuff. That and he loves when they play Peter Pan to eat "never food"




This is what the children are reading this week:

(click the pictures for the links)



Orren ~


This one is really cute because as you turn the page each disciple that you read about comes off and it gets fewer and fewer until you are left with the last disciple James.





Olivia is reading this: it is about purity and innocence. Waiting for your husband. It has the most precious prayer:


My Princess Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I want to be beautiful in my spirit so that everyone around me will know that You live in my heart. Give me the wisdom I need to make the right choices in what I wear, how I act, and what I do. I want Your lasting beauty. Amen.






They have a version of this for boys as well. We are not quite ready for it so we will keep it put away until time.I guess that does it for today, be well and may God bless each of you!
Merry CHRISTmas!

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Glad Orren is on the mend.

I love the shirts! Are you going to Scotland? When? Cool! My has Scot on bith sides of my family.

I have never heard of these books. So going to get both editions. Thanks!