Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

a loss for our family

It is with heaviest heart that I write this to tell all of you that we at the blog plantation lost a precious friend over night. Mr. Zack Cross. As long as I can remember, he has been a friend to my family. In fact one of my parents closest friends. Every Christmas we were showered with pepper jelly and citrus fruits. He had one of the warmest souls of anyone I have ever known. Friend to all he met, and devoted to the Boy Scouts Of America, the world will be a darker place for this loss.
Please pray for his family, my parents and us at this time of loss

8 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, Jessica, but I can imagive that there is a great celebration in Heaven. May God Bless and Keep you.
In prayer,
Leigh

Cass @ That Old House said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your good friend. What a lucky man, to be so missed and mourned. Please accept my sincerest sympathy,
Cass

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I am sad to hear of your loss. In time, you will be comforted by the warm regards you have for him. All my sympathy, Kathy

Laura said...

I'm so sorry, Jess. I know your heart is heavy today - sending you prayers for comfort.

Wendy said...

Dear Brelands,
Although we have just 'met,' I wish to extend my condolences for the loss of your good friend. Our sympathies and prayers are with your family.
Most sincerely,
Wendy

j said...

Praying for your family Jessica. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Abbey's Road said...

Dear Friend,

I am so sorry for your loss, and ask that you please extend my condolences to his family and to your Dad, who has lost such a great friend. May the soul of Zack Cross and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

With love and prayers,
Abbey

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Thank you! I love you with all of my heart! Can't believe that we have been TRUE FRIENDS for so long! Love you to pieces!

so sorry about the family friend loss. I will keep that family in mmy prayers!

Shana