Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Fun! and NOT so fun news



fRIDAY fUN

Six names you go by:
1. Jessica
2. Jess

3. Miss Jessica

4. Mommy of 2 O's

5. Scarlett
6. Precious

Three things you are wearing right now:
1. pearls
2. slate gray pants
3. sweater

Three things you want very badly at the moment:
1. for my children to be healthy and happy
2. love of my family

3. support of my friends

Three people who will fill this out:
1)Bloggers

2)Bloggers

3)Bloggers

Two things you did last night:
1. Prayed A lot!!
2. Made a gingerbread man costume for Zachary

Two things I ate today:
1. Grits
2.
King Cake

Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. Michelle

2. Christy

Two things you are going to do tomorrow:

1. Pray

2. Spend time with family

Your favorite beverages:
1. Coffee
2. Diet Dr. Pepper








For those of you that don't know, our life as we know it is under going some MAJOR changes. They will be difficult at times and full of challenges. We are fortunate to know our Heavenly Father has a plan and all will be well. Please, as you say your prayers tonight, say one for us.
In Him,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend, I stopped immediately and said a prayer for you and Joe.
These tough times are affecting us all. If I CAN DO anything (but pray)
please let me know.
Maybe we can all meet up again soon to let off some steam and talk.
I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be lifting you up in
prayer, and hope that you know to call me if you need anything. I mean
ANYTHING! We are going to be here to help during this transition
period because I have FAITH that Joe will find another job in short
order! Although I don't know much about his professional career, I DO
know that he is a kind and loving man who works hard to support his
family. I can only imagine the emotions you both are going through.
I'll give you a call on my way home today, or try and swing by tonight
or tomorrow - I bet you need a hug.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jessica. I am so sorry. I know many people this tough economy has
touched...it doesn't get any easier to hear. I worry for my friends. God
Love you > And may God bless and keep you. You are in my prayers. Next
GNO...it's on me! I do believe though that God will see you through this.
And it just may be that a better opportunity awaits that wouldn't be seen
otherwise. That is my prayer.

Love you,

Anonymous said...

My dear Friend in Christ,

Please know that my heart hurts for your situation. I am so sorry that this has hit your loving home. The Lord always has a plan for us, and sometimes we do not understand the "why", but we DO know that he never closes a door without opening another for you. Trust in Him, give your problem to Him and ask Him to take it from you and He will. Do not falter in your faith, my love. The Lord will not forsake you - you are his children.

I know how hard it was to tell your friends of this bad news. I appreciate that you love and trust me enough to share it with me, and you KNOW that I love to pray, and pray I will for your husband, that the Lord will hold him up and sustain him, and for you, that the Lord will comfort you and give you the words and the emotion to be strong for your husband. Sometimes I truly feel that God gave woman something more and special than a man. A woman is called upon to do many difficult things in her life, and this is your role as a Biblical wife. It is an honor and a great blessing. If I had another life to live, I would still ask God to make me a woman. It has the greatest challenges, but the rewards are beyond the universe.

I love you, sweet angel. Fear not, have faith and know I am here.

Bama Belle said...

I hope Y'all don't mind me posting your kind words that you sent me in E-mail. I did it Annon, if you want to claim it feel free. I love Y'all you are a blessing to me you will never know!

Anonymous said...

Please forgive me for taking so long to respond to your email. I was out of pocket yesterday with my oldest at a band competition. Although I am late in emailing you back I HAVE lifted your family up in prayer. The times are so scary right now Jessica for the entire country!! I know you are going through a trial and as we are flesh, it is difficult not to worry. But trust God to take care of you and to show you something wonderful through this.

And I will continue to pray.

Love in Christ,

Charnita said...

Sorry I missed the prayer dinner. I do hope you are doing well. I know you- your spirit and your faith, so I am sure you are.
Love you!