Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Family Valentine's Day early


Good Morning from the blog plantation!

In case you haven't figured out by now, we don't always follow the "normal" way of doing things around here. Let's blame it on my DNA. My father was some what of a rebel youth and the word I have heard most often from those speaking of my Great Grandfather is renegade. So there you go. As a child growing up I so often remember Daddy having flowers sent to Mother 2 days before Valentine's Day or the day before their anniversary (you get the idea). We asked him when we got older why. Don't get me wrong Mother loved it and NEVER mentioned it, one of those strange appreciations and understandings that need no words between soul mates I guess. But I was a curious child. LOL Anyway, his answer was simple...... I don't want to be told when I have to do it. BUT he is a WISE man and knew better than not to do it at all, so he just picked a day sometime prior to the event. So in keeping with that and that Joe and I are are going out for Valentine's Day evening, we took the children out for our family Valentine's dinner last night. We went to The Cajun Steamer (an attempt to raise little Cajun babies here in Bama and it reminds me of my growing up) It is one of our favorite local places. It was wonderful and so much fun! Here it is in pictures! (cell phone pictures, I left the camera hooked to the computer where I downloaded pics earlier. I KNOW DADDY.... I know! LOL )

We started off with fried dill pickles and really should have gotten two orders because Orren almost ate them all by himself!

Orren LOVED fried crawfish tails and fried okra
Olivia got the Jambalaya her favorite (sweet girls says Mommy's is better!)

Joe got Boiled crawfish of course!I got the Shrimp and grits (one of my favorites!)


For dessert the children had beignets and coffee ice cream


Joe and I had bread pudding with bourbon caramel sauce

Looking forward to Mardi Gras dinner there!

No comments: