Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Foodie Friday


If you grew up with me in any of the many magnolia drenched cities my family lived in along Dixie, then you will agree my Mother is arguably one of the best cooks ever.
Not just in the South, but in the world! We were blessed that she was home when we came in from school and a fabulous snack was waiting and dinner was started!
I often wondered if some of my gentlemen friends were actually there for me, or Mother's food. One of my best guy friends used to tell her,
"Mrs. Debbie, you're the only Mom I know that actually cooks in pearls and high heels everyday"
Explains a lot .... I know!
She was famous for her homemade candies and most of my childhood friends remember them well.
Recently, I have been asked for this recipe by more than one of my friends from bygone eras.
So, for my first Foodie Friday post, here is is:


White Delight

2 1/4 lb Almond bark (white chocolate)
1 Large jar dry roasted peanuts
2cups mini marshmallows
2cups rice krispies
2 cups Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal


Mix all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate, set aside. Then melt the chocolate (use your preferred method for this. Mine is the stove, but some prefer the microwave) In a large bowl, add chocolate and then add cereal mixture a little at a time stirring well. It is important to work quickly as it cools very fast! Then drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper. Let cool and enjoy!

Sorry I didn't have a picture of it!


Now, don't forget to read the post below this one for a really fun contest!

12 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Sounds really good...and easy!

Happy Foodie Friday!

Susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this special recipe with us. When my mother was living, she specialized in sweets, and they were so good. So I know how treasured recipes can be. You were sweet to share this one with us. Can't wait to try it!

Happy Foodie Friday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I'm so thrilled that you joined the potluck today. Your recipe is a keeper. I had a mom just like yours--always something bubbling on the stove, and after-school snacks waiting on the table. Come back and see me!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Your Mama sounds just like mine..she was so June Cleaver...always good smells from our kitchen..thanks hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Laura said...

Yum -o! I may have to make this for TJ's next presentation meeting - it sounds a lot easier than popcorn balls! Thanks again for your help this weekend; it's great to have a "go-to" friend in times of crisis!

Kat said...

This sounds wonderful and easy to boot! I'm looking for good "sweets" recipes for a recital reception and this is definitely going on the list. Thanks for sharing. Kathy

Terri Steffes said...

My imagination was enough for this one! Who needed a picture? I am going to try this for our next food event at school.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Chandy said...

Happy Foodie Friday! That sounds wonderful! I wish I can try it, my son's allergic to peanuts. But I certainly will enjoy imagining eating one! Thanks!

Carolyn

imjacobsmom said...

hey, I had this when I was a kid - thanks for the memory! I should make this for Jacob! ~ Robyn

squawmama said...

Hi... First time visitor and glad I stopped by... The candy recipe sounds really yummy and I will give it a try very soon... Thanks for posting it...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Foley said...

Sounds delicious - always looking for new candy recipes coming from a large family who is always looking for something new!