Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Illness strikes the Land of Nod

I am so ill today. To make the most of it I sent Joe to pick up PF Changs (hee hee any excuse right?) Well, we got green beans and hot and sour soup at least. It makes you feel better!
I was not feeling the steak and gravy originally on the menu for this evening.

So just to be clear according to my past posts P F Changs makes great bandages for wounds fresh from losing gnome hunts. Great for anytime you don't want to cook. Is a celebration must, and now a cure all for illness! I think we have covered it is my favorite go to place.

I seriously think that I might have the flu. Ironically Olivia goes for her flu shot in the morning. I have such mixed emotions about giving that to my children, that is another discussion for another time, too ill tonight.


I got this from Leigh @ Bloggeritaville, one of my favorite blogs! Again since I am so sick tonight this is going to be it for now.

Things I have Learned from Have Being in Alabama
THINGS I HAVE LEARNED FROM HAVE BEING IN ALABAMA . ..(author unknown)
Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
There are 5,000 types of snakes on earth and 4,998 live in Alabama .
There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Alabama plus a couple no one's seen before. If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.
Onced and Twiced are words.
It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.
People actually grow and eat okra.
'Fixinto' is one word.
There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper.
Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two.
We do like a little tea with our sugar!
Backards and forwards means 'I know everything about you.'
You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
You measure distance in minutes.
Sometimes you have to switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day.'
Fix' is a verb. Example: 'I'm fixing to go to the store.'
All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
You know what a 'DAWG' is.
You carry jumper cables in your car . . .. For your OWN car.
There are only four spices: salt, pepper, Tabasco and ketchup.
The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
The first day of deer season is a state holiday.
100 degrees Fahrenheit= 'a little warm.'
We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.
Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin' Wal-martin' or off to 'Wally World.'
A cool snap (below 70 degrees) is good pinto-bean weather.
A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop . . . it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: 'What kinda coke you want?'
Fried catfish is the other white meat. (Pork's 1st)
We don't need no stinking driver's Ed . . . If our mama says we can drive, we can drive.

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, no! Feel well soon! Hot and Sour soup is a cure all for just about anything! smile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
I hope that you are feeling better. I love reading your blogs. You really have a flair for writing.
Love,
Aunt Kay

j said...

I hope that you are all better now. I have certain foods that are 'healing' too!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I saw this on Leigh's blog and I thought it was hilarious!
Only in Alabama :-)

Hot and sour soup and a heating pad~ they can cure anything.