Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike, not just in Texas Look @ Gulf Shores!



Entrance & parking Lot of Gulf Tower
under water

Storm Picture, this is a street

I know I posted once already, but when we returned home this afternoon, Chief (my Daddy) had sent us these pictures from the condo in Gulf Shores. As ya'll know they own a house and condo on the beach and these are taken from the condo this afternoon. They are incredible! This is way worse than Gustav ever thought of. We pray everyone will be safe. Chief and GrandMaMa come on to Birmingham if you need to.
We love you.


The water surrounds the pool of Gulf Tower. Thank goodness they have a barrier wall! There was a pool next door, they did not have a wall.

2 comments:

j said...

Hey Belle! We went down to Gulf Shores this evening. It was after this storm and we headed to the State Park. The Gulf was amazing and the wind was fierce. It was really exciting for my family because we have never seen it this way.

I took a BUNCH of photos but I haven't looked at them yet.

Thanks for letting me know about this post. I enjoyed seeing the pics (that sounds weird... I don't mean that I like knowing that your parents had flooding... I think you know what I mean). It is cool to see photos on a blog of the area that I JUST walked in the door from visiting!!

Keeping those in the path of this storm in my prayers!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Wow. I am now wondering about our beach homes. My friend in GS said it was rough that way. I know Jen is in Mobile. Anxious to see her pictures.

Regarding your comment-I would be so honored for you to add my blog to your follow list. I havent figured out how to add blogs yet. UNtil I do I will add you to my distration list.

ROLL TIDE.