Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chief's Birthday, errands, Pictures of Gustav

Today is Chief's Birthday so let us say :




HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




We love you and miss you so much!




So today was errand day, THE DAY OF THE WEEK I DESPISE! I loaded the children up and we were off after lunch. Orren is basically giving up the afternoon nap but I thought he might sleep in the car. No such luck. I guess he is exactly like his sister. Early morning lark 6:00 AM, 10:00 nap, 6:30 PM bedtime. Not a bad schedule unless you are a night owl like me.




Olivia is doing very well with her studies and is enjoying this new system. I think it is fantastic she is getting a private school education right here in my kitchen. It really makes a difference on days that it storms or the children are dismissed early for what ever reason. I am with her and I am raising her. I am who she tells her hearts desires and I am who influences what she thinks and I get to watch her grow into the Christian Woman she is becoming. It is my most precious blessing.




Orren is still clinging to Mommy a little too much. It is preventing me from doing very much around here. I am looking for his new Bunk beds. I think we are definitely doing the dark wood from the Pottery Barn Kids ( I know BIG shock, I need to own stock) They really are the ones I like the best and the most functional. I need to find him a chest of drawers also. Then maybe I can get his room all organized.




Joe is working long hours this week and it looks as though I will get to play single mommy again. I will keep you updated how we do. At least it is a short week.




Kayla's wedding is this weekend, & Grayson turns one. Lots going on!




See you tomorrow!
These are pictures that Chief sent us of the Gustav aftermath





This is the condo after Gustav! It did great.

No comments: