Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Be sure to stop by and see Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for more Table scapes
You know there is no place like Mamma's here in the south.
So today,
y'all are going to Mamma's.
She always sets a table.
Let's see what she did today.
This is a casual evening with friends

See how she can turn even the casual breakfast table into something spectacular?
Amazing lady and true southern belle.



*side note for those of you who don't know.....

a true southern lady NEVER serves anything in or on plastic inside her home.

AND only uses cotton / linen napkins (never paper).

This was instilled in me from toddler up.

Just thought I would share a little etiquette tidbit.

In our world today such things are beginning to be overlooked.

It breaks my heart, I see it as a dying art.

And yes, it does matter!

Y'all be blessed!

10 comments:

Mary said...

What a lovely and elegant tablescape, I love the white and gold! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Your mama did a great job! My mama taught me to set the table as a child as well, and, yes always cloth napkins! Thanks for sharing.

Christi

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Very elegant table. So pretty. Don't you just love your mama? I sure love mine! Happy TT to you.

Fifi Flowers said...

Elegant table... love the monogram!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

LOVE the gold gishes, and her silverware is fabulous.... You southern gals know your manners!.. the linen monogramed tablecloth, Oh My! Fun to shoot someone elses table isn't it.. Thanks for the visit, First time I've been here I think, Loved it,, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Denise Marie said...

you know...serving tea and enjoying true fellowship is a lost art too. I made 1 last troll thru my fav local (gently used) dish store that is closing and could not believe the teacup and saucers that were large sets just setting there lonely and abandoned. Even at 85% off...no takers. I had to keep going because I stand to inherit a huge collection so I guess I'll do my part to get it going again around here in Houston, TX. :0)

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Beautiful table. Mama did good.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Such a beautiful table. There's no one like momma!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very elegant, and pretty!

I'm a Bama Belle too (but have lived in FL for 42 years!

Katherine

Jane said...

Being a "Bama" girl at heart (I kind of inherited lots of Auburn spirit from DH and Son), I was drawn to your posting. Your mama is right...linen and cotton napkins are the only way to go. My English girlfriend stressed that too. She said by using lovely linens and china for even the simplest tea, you show your guests they are important and special. What a lovely idea!
Jane (Artfully Graced)