Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Foodie Friday!

Be sure to visit Gollum for more Foodie Fridays!
Don't forget to enter the give away HERE
see side bar->
So today we are baking
A little pecan pie to satisfy that sweet tooth. Nothing is better than homemade old fashioned southern pecan pie!
So here is our
SHOPPING LIST:
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Light brown sugar (packed)
dash of salt
1 cup Karo (2/3 light Karo and 1/3 dark Karo)
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp of real vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans
1 pie crust
Cream butter, sugar and salt. Add Karo, eggs, vanilla mix. Add pecans. Mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake @ 400 for 10 minutes. Then reduce to 325 for 45 minutes - an hour








Hope you are full! See you next week!

Before you go be sure you entered the drawing !

13 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hello, Love!

Unknown said...

I love pecan pie. YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing.
Geri

Joyce said...

Oh my but I want this for breakfast:)
Joyce

susan said...

Pecan pie is my absolute favorite. I will eat pecans just about any way! We've got some real southern favorites going on today!

j said...

When I was a little girl, everyone raved about my grandmother's pecan pie. I was a picky eater and didn't care for nuts. So I didn't eat it. As an adult, I fell in love with it (see? There is a bit of Southern Belle in there) and wish I had eaten some of her pie - I missed out.

The photo is wonderful and that pie is making me hungry!!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wow, your pictures of pie are lovely. I have never made a pecan pie and didn't realise it was so easy! It's one of those things where I thought since it's so good it must be difficult to make. Where do the pecans come in and how many? Do you mix them in or layer them on top? Thanks for the heads up.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Bama Belle said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe I forgot the pecans when giving the recipe! I am so so sorry! Going to edit it now!

JOE said...

Hey that was suppose yo be my piece!!!

Lori E said...

I have only made a pecan pie once and thought I would collapse from the sugar. It looks so good.

B. said...

Love pecan pie! I make one each winter, just like this.

Anonymous said...

I love pecan pie thanks for sharing....Pat H
pattygary@kc.rr.com

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Whoa. Pecan pie is on of my top 3 desserts of all time. Yours looks wonderful!

imjacobsmom said...

Oh yeah! This is one of my favs! I love this and it sounds easy enough. I could give this a try! ~ Robyn