Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall decor, nicknames and knowledge




Fall decor in our dinning room


So, I need to clear up some confusion here on the blog. We call our children by their nicknames very often. I have made a conscious effort to refer to them only using their names on the blog. Occasionally it seems I have slipped (it is somewhat unnatural for me )and some were confused. So here is the list....





Olivia - prefers to be called Livie, so we usually call her Livie. There is often a Liv thrown in there!





Orren - we usually call him, Orry Now we sometimes refer to him as Master Orren as well. If you are in the El-Fallah household you would be calling him Baby Orren. (We are all actually guilty of it and my Mother says we are going to be calling him that when he is 18!) So if you read any of these names we are talking about the same two children!


I bloglifted this from Jen Dustbunny, I thought it was great.

Since Joe is traveling so much the timing is perfect! Hey, I wonder with Joe being in Ohio, could he vote for McCain there? hmmm? Polls show he has Alabama so Joe's vote might do him more good if cast in Ohio. LOL I know, I know of course he can't.... that would be wrong.....dishonest.......illeagal. BUT, it is a thought! Anyway here it is......................................


1. If he's sitting in front of the TV; what is on the screen?
College football; Fishing; Fox News
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Thousand Island..... but he usually gets a Caesar salad so it doesn't really matter
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
raw oysters and caviar (I have tried and tried, but he doesn't like either one!)
4. You go to a bar. What does he order? ???
We have not been to a bar in decades and are not likely to go anytime soon.... BUT he would order a Heineken or Jagger
5. Where did he go to high school?
Seminary Attendance Center
6. What size shoe does he wear?
13
7. If he was to collect anything what would it be?
Guns, knives, Fishing equipment

8. What is his favorite kind of sandwich?
This is tough because he is crazy about all sandwiches. Po'boys, subs, Monte cristos
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
crawfish.....gumbo, shrimp and grits, shrimp and yellow rice
10. What is his favorite cereal?
He eats bacon/ sausage biscuits for breakfast, but his 10:00 PM snack is cereal and his fav is cookie crisp..... who am I kidding if it comes in a box and milk can be poured over it, HE LOVES IT!
11. What would he never wear?
pink, I don't think I am ever getting him in PINK
12. What is his favorite sports team?
University of Alabama Crimson Tide! Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!
13. Who will he vote for?
Whom ever the Republican candidate is
14. Who is his best friend?





Salah, I should say me and that is true, but aside from the given, Salah.

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
Not take out the garbage, LOL I just get another bag and let him take it out when he gets home! I HATE the garbage!
16. How many states has he lived in?
4
17. What is his heritage?
Celtic, German, Russian and Native American
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Carrot cake with cream cheese icing
19. Did he play sports in high school?
No, he worked
20. What could he spend hours doing?
Being with his family, fishing, watching sports, gourmet cooking with me, and witnessing for Christ

So here is a brief run down of the week to come.
Monday - I am taking Livie to the Doctor she just can't seem to shake that cough after a couple of weeks. With her respiratory issues I think it is time to consult the Pediatrician.
Tuesday - ELECTION DAY...... VOTE..... VOTE .....VOTE! Meet Michelle to do some decorating and planning for events coming up. Then off to an election return party! I am taking the children because I want to expose them to the importance of the political process and get them involved young! ( wait until you see the pictures of Livie that I took when she went to work at the Shelby County Republican Headquarters with me. I want to post them tomorrow or Tuesday)
Wednesday- Friday - Shana and Grayson are coming to spend a few days. With both Hubbies out of town, no telling what trouble we will get into. I know we are going to the zoo and some other exciting stuff it will be lots of fun! Look for lots of pictures next week!
Joe gets home late Friday night! We will be so glad!

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HOpe our guy wins! I fear for the state of our country should he not.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
You got your mama's flair for decorating! (You are so lucky!) I have been her friend for 30 years and it never rubbed off on me.
I enjoy your emails so much. It allows me to keep up with you and the children.
Love,
Aunt Kay

j said...

I am glad that you did the meme too. I think my husband likes it when I talk about him.