Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pimento Cheese recipe

I know I said I would post again tomorrow, but already I have gotten a ton of emails and a few comments asking me about my pimento cheese.
So I  wanted to respond.

This is my Mother's recipe, shhhhh don't tell her I shared it!
Oh wait!
She reads this everyday.
Oh well, I am sure she won't mind as long as you promise to keep it between us.

Pimento Cheese

1 can rotel tomatoes (drained)
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 tsp of Worcestershire ( I do not use this much you can to taste)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)

1 (4 0z) jar of chopped pimentos (drained)
16 oz of block sharp cheddar cheese ( you must grate this yourself. It just taste different if you don't)

combine first 4 ingredients and then gently fold in remaining ingredients.
Let chill over night

Now, that one has just a touch of a kick.
My precious friend Libby over at
 provided this post with two more versions of pimento cheese.



Southern Pimento Cheese



8 ounces extra sharp cheddar


8 ounces American cheese or white cheddar


1/2 cup mayonnaise


2 ounce jar of whole pimentos


1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce


Dash of onion powder


Dash red pepper


1/2 teaspoon sugar


Blend pimentos and cheese in food processor until well blended. Add dry ingredients and mayonnaise and blend. Last add Worcestershire sauce. Add more mayonnaise as needed for preferred consistency. Scrape sides of bowl to ensure well-blended texture.










Cooked Pimento Cheese


2 tablespoons sugar;3 tablespoons mayonnaise;1 small jar pimentos, chopped; 2 tablespoons butter;1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice;1/4 cup milk;1 pound Velveeta cheese


Combine in medium saucepan, all ingredients except pimentos. Cut cheese into small blocks and let melt over medium heat with other ingredients in saucepan. When cheese is melted combine pimentos with mixture. Stir and store in the refrigerator.




Hope this helps and be sure to pop over
and see what she is up to.
She is AMAZING!


Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Merciful Heavens that sounds yummy!!! I have never heard of rotel in this before... just added pimentos to my Publix list. :)Must have this tomorrow!

Thank you for posting this for all of us. You are such a sweetheart!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

My recipe is much like the Soutehrn Pimento. We love it. Yours look delicious too, Jessica.

Karen said...

Thanks! One of my desires in life is to find a recipe that matches Price's Pimento Cheese. I'll be trying your mom's recipe for sure. Anything with Rotel tomatoes has got to be good!
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek

j said...

My father in law LOVES Pimento Cheese. The recipes would make his mouth water!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I'm reading thru your posts, catching up from the political affair and on... but I had to stop and comment on the pimento cheese. I took Kraft pimento cheese on bread as a sandwich EVERY DAY of first and second grades!

When we vacation in the South, I buy pimento cheese in the market, and am the only one to eat it in the family. Now I'm going to have to try and make some myself!

This native New Yorker just loves it!
Cass
PS And I think I'm beginning to remember some long lost relatives who just happened to have left me some silver and linens....