Here are the rules for the award:
1)You must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) You must share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) You have to present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Last, you must tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award
I want to thank Laura Beth @ Ruminations of a Working Mom for this award. I love her desire to make the world a better place and her earthy charm! Be sure to stop by and see her blog!
So my 10 honest things:
1. I am a Christian. Saved by the blood of Christ. As such, I fail everyday and thank God that he forgives me for those shortcomings and loves me through it.
2. I am a person that has a difficult time allowing others to know, or see my imperfections. You know things like, when my house isn't perfect. Clean, picked up and ready for a magazine shoot at any given moment. This has become increasingly more difficult with a two year old. Or to admit that I cannot do everything. Although I do try! So if you are one of the RARE few that get to see me or my home that way.... well, that speaks volumes about my love and trust for you!
3. I love my family more than words could ever say. They are everything to me and I live each day to give them memories to last a lifetime.
4. One of my biggest fears is that I won't live to see my children grow up. Even as a christian and with the promise we will be together again, my weakness of the flesh is that fear.
5. I adore cooking ( doing the dishes not so much) interior decorating and entertaining! I love to find new creative fun ideas for the children to have for holidays and day to day. I love cooking meals for the family. My children do not eat typical "kid foods" because of it. My children are the ones asking for broccoli and asparagus in place of french fries. Shrimp and grits, Eggs Benedict and paninis instead of Happy Meals and Chicken nuggets. You should see the response from wait staff when that happens. I adore that. I want them to try new things and to know that there is so much to see and experience in this world!
6. I am obsessive compulsive. Germs are not my friend. I disinfect the counters 20 times a day. Make my children eat on place mats I bring from home when we go out to eat. And I wash my children's hands too much!
7. Family meals are important to me. We eat at the table for every meal. The places are set, even if it is just the Prince and I for lunch. I even put chargers under the soup bowl for chicken noodle soup!