Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

Foodie Friday

Welcome all to this weeks Foodie Friday!
Our hostess the lovely

Gollum



This week we are making Crawfish Etoufee!
This is my Aunt Beth's famous and quick recipe
she handed it down to me when I first got married!


Our Shopping list:
1 onion
1 bell pepper
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of celery
1 small can tomato sauce
1 lb of crawfish tails ( I use the frozen when fresh isn't available, it is just as good)
Cajun seasoning to taste ( i.e Tony Chachere or Luzianne)
salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco to taste






chop and sautee pepper and onion
add the soups


and tomato sauce
add crawfish
season to taste


simmer for about 45 minutes

serve over rice!

YUMMY!!!
As soon as Lent is over I will be sharing some amazing hamburger recipes!
We are almost there and still not one bite for the Brelands
YEA!!!

9 comments:

susan said...

I love crawfish time! I also use the frozen for recipes, but there's nothing like a big pot of fresh crawfish boiled with corn and potatoes! Thanks for the recipe!

Laura said...

DUUUUDE! This sounds heavenly! Hopefully, I'll be able to give it a try in the next week or so.

imjacobsmom said...

Well, you can tell that I am a Yankee, I've never had crawfish....but you make me want to try it. ~ Robyn

Chandy said...

Oh my, that does sound good! Especially on a cold night when a hearty seafood meal is a perfect choice! Thank you!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

A great step-by=step. I know this is divine! I will look for crawfish at my grocery so I can make this ASAP.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, girl! I am so glad you shared this! Big Daddy loves some cajun! I cannot wait to make this for him! Thanks for sharing.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

oh yum...this sounds delicious! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Paige said...

Hey Sweet Lady! For some reason I have not seen ANY frozen crawfish around here. Where do you get yours??? Tony wants this on Sunday.... Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Wow ... this looks terrific! I have never had crawfish, although I've sure had my share of lobster! Somehow I am not sure my local markets have frozen crawfish.... but I will check.
Thanks for sharing! Cass