Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday


Good Friday

Our present church home

has the most moving service one could ever experience tonight


The Service of Darkness

with scripture, prayers and liturgy.
Special music by the Sanctuary Choir and Trinity Orchestra.
 
THEN
The  timpani sounds once for each year of the life of Christ
The lights dim with each strike.

The service ends in total silence and darkness it is amazing!
I wish you all well on this most HOLY
of weekend!
Thanks for dropping by Y'all!

5 comments:

j said...

That sounds amazing. What a beautiful way to mark Good Friday. It seems so appropriate... the somber atmosphere, the significance of the lights.

I hope that your family has a lovely Resurrection Sunday.

Erin said...

I have to say that Good Friday is one of my favorite services as well. What is neat for me is singing in the choir. I've been doing it since I was a kid. Some of my favorite holiday memories are of singing in the choir with my dad. I hope you have a great Holy Week!

Jane said...

Several years ago, while traveling with my youth group to Chicago, we were able to attend the Good Friday service at Willow Creek Community Church. It was one of the most amazing and moving services I have ever experienced. The kids were awed, too. The whole trip back to our hotel was made in silence... They were still trying to absorb what they had just seen and heard.

Try to imagine...50 kids, from 6th grade to 12th grade...complete silence.

Blessed Easter...HE IS RISEN!
Jane (artfully graced)

Melanie said...

That sounds amazing! I wish I could attend this type of service.

Love your blog! I am new to blogging and am so amazed by the wonderful blogs out there. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Happy Easter!
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Miss Janice said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful Good Friday service. Y'all also must have had a wonderful SONrise service on Sunday! Thank you soooo much for praying for my friend Jan--I appreciate it and so does she:)