Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Uncle JW and My Daddy

Growing up there were several men in my life I was blessed to know and love.
Two of the men that I admire and love, my Daddy and his brother my Uncle JW.
My Daddy always has a way of making everything OK and making us feel safe. Standing in the face of danger, we would never know we were. He is everything to our family. My Hero, and I will always be Daddy's little girl.
That is true for my Uncle JW as well. A man of strength and integrity I adore him and have my whole life. I get giddy at the thought of seeing him and his big bear hugs.
He came to my side the moment he found out that I was in the hospital 2 months early with my first child. My parents were not able to get there right away, but he was. He stayed until the Princess came into this world and all were safe and resting.
As children he always had the four wheelers washed, gassed and ready for us to ride when we got there. He never fussed at the fact that we got them stuck in mud 3 ft deep, just laughed at us and teased us about getting his clean four wheelers dirty.
When I was on the road while in college and had car trouble, he came to my rescue ( my parents were living two states away at the time) again teasing me by getting out with a saw and telling me to give him my foot he could fix that jeep. LOL
These two are truly men among men.
I LOVE YOU BOTH!


So it warms my heart when I get to see those two together and having fun. They did that this week. They caught some pretty awesome fish in the process. See it here in pictures!














1 comment:

j said...

You are a lucky lady to have two men of such obvious character in your life! Great pics!