Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Foodie Friday!

I am still somewhat on auto pilot.
I hope to spend some time over the next week reading blogs and catching up!
It is the Prince's third birthday this weekend so, you can imagine the chaos added there!
So here is a quick Foodie Friday!

This is a cake I baked for my Mother and her sweet friends.
They had a girl's weekend at the beach!



I used organic sugar around it as sand


It is kind of like a poundcake but not as dense.
GREAT glaze

Here is the pan



It is Nordicware and although I got this one at William Sonoma
 (almost 4 years ago)
You can purchase at Amazon

The recipe is included and is specifically for this pan.
Hope you enjoy!

Be sure to stop by and see Gollum for more Foodie Fridays!
Thanks for dropping by Ya'll!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Your cake is gorgeous! Love it. Very creative to add the sugar as a white sand beach! Hope the oil spill is not too hard on your area. What a sad thing is happening to our environment.
Blessings, Beth

susan said...

I love the cake, but it makes me sad. We are scheduled to go in a couple of weeks and I think the oil might beat us there. Happy birthday to "the prince"! Hope the party is a success!

The Charm of Home said...

What a fabulous cake. It looks delightful. Happy birthday to your little Prince!
Sherry

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

What a pretty cake! It looks beautiful with the 'sand' all round it.

bj said...

This cake is waaay cute !!
Have a wonderful day.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That looks delishious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kind of cake, not to sweet.

Unknown said...

I simply LOVE these wonderful Nordicware pans. I did a review of them on my blog last fall. I have MANY but not the beautiful castle one you've baked your lovely cake in. I may just have to have another look at that one :)

Blessings!
Gail

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME!!! pan, I LOVE!!! the shape so DIFFERENT!!!
Geri