Welcome to the Blog Plantation Y'all

Our family welcomes you and thanks you for stopping by to visit. We are delighted you have taken a few minutes out of your day to spend with us. We are Joe and Jessica. We have two children and one very regal beagle! We post often and it usually includes details of our Christian faith; life here in the South; entertaining our family and friends; tales of our travels; as well as the daily adventures of having two children. Oh, and our passion for Alabama Crimson Tide Football!
Grab a mint julep, relax, and enjoy the site. Don't forget to leave us a message. You can click under any blog entry to do so. We love to hear from our guests.
(Also, please remember that all writings and pictures are the sole property of the blog plantation and it's authors and may not be duplicated, unless otherwise noted. )

Thanks for dropping by Y'all!




Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Tool
What time I am afraid I will trust in thee
Psalm 56:3

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No pictures, but here is an update!

Well, we are home and ready to settle back in!
The trip was fabulous and full of lots of firsts! I DEALT POKER! You read that correctly I was a dealer in the poker tournament. It was just like in the movies. Players all wore hats, drank a lot of alcohol in a smokey room. I was so afraid I was going to mess up. I DIDN'T! It was so fun, I loved it.
The rest of the events were fun as well, we raised $78,000.00 for the scholarship foundation. YEAAAAA! We grooved to the 70's as the theme for the convention. We ate "virgin" psychedelic brownies (made with parsley instead of a certain type of grass); tang cupcakes(Tang was a 70's thing) along with Hamburger Helper (it wasn't actual HH, but it was supposed to be) paninis covered in powdered sugar. I didn't get that one so I asked.... cocaine. You know I missed a lot of the 70's I think!LOL
There was a lot of nice food to, but that was some of the theme food. We were all in costume and we had John Travolta. Not just in costume, but a 29 yr old kid who must have studied the routine for hours b/c he was on the floor by himself and would have given Travolta a run for his money! Olivia enjoyed the dance floor with some little friends she made, including the 13 AND 14 yr old little boys who kept asking her to dance.
WHAT IS HAPPENING AT OUR HOUSE?
The children were at the pool almost every waking moment and really enjoyed the water slide. The Marriot Shoals is an amazing facility! Absolutely beautiful!
I am ready for a little down time before Orren's surgery next week! Monday the 28th!
We are thankful tonight that Grayson Walker (my cousin) is at home and did well with his surgery this morning. Praise GOD!

No comments: